Cross Cultural Communications Seeks Beta Testers for Online Training
CCC is recruiting beta testers for one or more of their 10 6-hour online modules. These modules make up THE COMMUNITY INTERPRETER Online, and each module comes with four 90-minute lessons.
Beta testing will be available in May 2013. They are particularly keen on recruiting testers OUTSIDE THE US. This program is intended for community interpreters around the world.
The topic areas of the 6-hour modules are as follows:
THE COMMUNITY INTERPRETER Online: the 40-hour program
(designed for community interpreters in general and medical interpreters in particular)
- Overview of Community Interpreting (including an Introduction to Medical Interpreting)
- Intervention and Mediation
- Cultural Mediation
- Standards of Practice (this module includes a two-hour final assessment)
The 60-hour program
This longer program, designed especially for medical interpreters, includes all the modules above and three additional modules:
- Medical Terminology for Interpreters (basic)
- Medical Terminology for Interpreters (advanced)
- Introduction to Legal Interpreting for Medical Interpreters
If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for THE COMMUNITY INTERPRETER Online, please contact Michelle Gallagher at +1 410-312-5599or firstname.lastname@example.org.